American corner at Regional research library named after N. V.Gogol is pleased to share information. It aimed to the teachers involved in educational inclusion in Kazakhstan.
Over the course of their stay in the U.S., fellows will work and form connections with mentors from host organizations whose work focuses on the inclusion of persons with disabilities in varied settings.
In order to take part in the program participants need to be:
• A citizen and resident of Kazakhstan
• An early to mid-career professional between 25–45 years of age (born between January 1st 1972 and January 1st, 1992)
• Eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 visa
• Not currently participating in an academic, training, or research program in the U.S. Preference will be given to candidates who have not previously taken part in U.S. government sponsored exchanges
• Available to travel to the U.S. between mid-April and late May 2017 for 6 weeks
• Committed to returning to their country for a minimum of 2-years after completing the program
• Proficient in spoken and written English;
• Willing and able to collaborate with other team members to implement an Inclusive Education Grand Challenge Project following return to one’s home country
They will be accepted from December 15th2016 through January 31th 2017.
On December 11, the English Club users discussed the topic “Happy Independence Day Kazakhstan!” The Republic of Kazakhstan is a free independent state. This year we celebrate 25 Anniversary of Indepent Kazakhstan. On the 16th of December 1991 Kazakhstan adopted the Law of State Independence of the Republic of Kazakhstan. As any independent state, our country had adopted its state symbols - Flag, Emblem and Anthem. To respect Flag, Emblem and Anthem of the country means to respect and honor the country. The National Flag of the Republic of Kazakhstan was adopted in June, 1992. The creator of the Flag of Kazakhstan is the artist Shaken Niyazbekov.
The word "president" is translated from Latin as "a person sitting in front". A President is the head of a state. He watches the laws of Constitution not to be violated, public officers to perform their duties properly. President protects the sovereignty of the state and presents it in front of other countries. The President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nursultan Abishuly Nazarbayev.
This year Karaganda region celebrates the 80 th anniversary of the formation. Karaganda region was formed on March 10, 1932 with the center in the city Petropavlovsk. July 29, 1936 Karaganda became the administrative and cultural center of the Karaganda region.
That was topic of Sunday Speaking club at American Corner. It was interesting to our moderator Elizabeth Blackburn to know more about Karaganda, because it’s her first visit. AC patrons have known about its history of formation, interesting places, monuments and about modern Karaganda. Participants shared with their information and advised good places to Elizabeth. There was a book exibition “Kazynaly kara shanyrak 80 zhyldygyn toilauda” full of interesting books, articles about our region. It was very informative and interesting for everybody.
A very interesting event was held at the English Speakinf Club on September 18. Our guest was Elizabeth Blackburn. She has s position as a Fulbright English Teaching Assistant at local school. We discused the celebration and Elizabeth said it was extremely informative and useful for her.
The Day of Languages of thePeople of Kazakhstan is observed on the third Sunday in September. It was established by a Presidential Decree to celebrate all the languages spoken in the Republic of Kazakhstan. The date in September was chosen to commemorate the law “On Languages” which was adopted in 1989.