American corner at Regional research library named after N. V.Gogol is pleased to share information. It aimed to the teachers involved in educational inclusion in Kazakhstan.
Over the course of their stay in the U.S., fellows will work and form connections with mentors from host organizations whose work focuses on the inclusion of persons with disabilities in varied settings.
In order to take part in the program participants need to be:
• A citizen and resident of Kazakhstan
• An early to mid-career professional between 25–45 years of age (born between January 1st 1972 and January 1st, 1992)
• Eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 visa
• Not currently participating in an academic, training, or research program in the U.S. Preference will be given to candidates who have not previously taken part in U.S. government sponsored exchanges
• Available to travel to the U.S. between mid-April and late May 2017 for 6 weeks
• Committed to returning to their country for a minimum of 2-years after completing the program
• Proficient in spoken and written English;
• Willing and able to collaborate with other team members to implement an Inclusive Education Grand Challenge Project following return to one’s home country
They will be accepted from December 15th2016 through January 31th 2017.